We’ll always try and do everything we can to ensure you’re completely satisfied. But we know that problems can sometimes arise.

The best way for us to resolve your complaint quickly is to call us on 0333 014 3131. If you can’t call us, you can use Live Chat or write to the Customer Care Team at Clear Business, PO Box 156, Blyth, NE24 9GH.

England Water complaints procedure

If you’ve experienced a problem with your water supply in England and would like to complain, please follow the steps below.

For issues with your water supply in Scotland, please visit Scotland Water Complaints Procedure | Clear Business.

    No matter how you get in touch, we’ll need a few things from you:

  • Your contact details (Name and Address) or simply include your account number
  • Any background information on the issue
  • The impact the issue is having on you
  • What you would like to happen as a resolution

Step 1

Letting us know

Our Customer Care advisors are empowered to resolve complaints on the first call whenever they can. If you’ve written to us, we might need to contact you by phone for more information before we look into your complaint. Sometimes, we’ll need to speak to a third party before we can resolve your complaint, but we’ll always keep you updated on progress.*

    We’ll always try and resolve your complaint at the first point of contact. To resolve we’ll:

  • Offer an apology
  • Explain what's happened
  • Take action to put things right
  • Offer compensation in appropriate circumstances

If our Customer Care team can’t resolve your complaint, it will be passed to our specialist Complaint Champions team.

Step 2

Trouble resolving your complaint

If your complaint is passed to our Complaints Champions, one of the team will acknowledge your complaint and complete a full review. Further investigation may be needed but you'll be kept updated every step of the way.

Step 3

If things haven't been resolved to your satisfaction

    If you’re still unhappy after we’ve completed our review and investigation, or your complaint isn’t resolved after 8 weeks, you can ask CCW (formerly the Consumer Council for Water) to help. CCW manages mediation and final adjudication of disputes with additional independent support from the Dispute Resolution Ombudsman (DRO). You can visit www.ccw.org.uk to find out more, or contact them on 0300 034 2222.

    Dispute resolution code of conduct:

  • Commitment to provide alternative dispute resolution services free of charge to Customers

  • Commitment to support the principles set out in the DRO Agreement

  • Commitment to respect the independence of the DRO

  • Commitment to be bound by decision of an Adjudicator if accepted by Customer and to implement decision as required by Scheme Rule

  • Commitment to co-operate with and have due regard to the recommendations of the industry advisory panel

  • Commitment to provide accurate and reliable information to  and co-operate with the Adjudicator

Contact us

Get in touch today!

Let's chat

Speak to us on Live Chat.

Help & support

Got questions? We've got answers.